August 12, 2017

First Week Fun

IMG_3294

This past Monday was my first day back to school. (year #18 for me). Don’t hate me too much that I am lucky or extremely blessed to only have 11 little first grade friends this year. (I got one more since I put this board up!). I have had 16-18 the last few years so this seems like a teeny tiny class to me!

This is my hallway bulletin board that is beside my door. My mom made my curtain for me and I bought the little honeycomb garland online. But, I am really not happy at the quality of it. So, I am not sharing where I purchased it from! HA!

IMG_6744[6]

I had my kids color this first grade coloring sheet while we were taking care of some first day business- it kept them busy and then I took pictures of each one holding up the signs. You can download these free in this blog post.

IMG_3327

I like to have my students do some of our pocket chart activities as they get up to leave the mat – it teaches them how to do the activity so they can do it independently later on.

Slide1

This color word matching activity is in my new Color Words Matching Set.

IMG_3342

We also did these “I see..” printables each day! I have done these for the last few years and they are a PERFECT fit for my first week of school. They go along with Brown Bear but they also help with introduction to how to write sentences. I just really love these!

isee

These are in my store- I see Animal Sentences. There are 30 different printables in the pack to choose from. I like the ones that go along with Brown Bear- but there are lots of options!

IMG_3332

Another activity we did this week was I had them cut and spell their names. These always turn out cute and we definitely need the practice of spelling names!

backtoschoolunit

The letter cards are included in my Back To School Pack.

We did so much more this week that I just simply forgot to document! Overall week #1 was a success. I am dead tired (as expected) but it was a great start.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Here are links to some of my other back to school products.

backtoschoolbooksbacktoschoolclipcards[4]backtoschoolcoverbacktoschoolunitbbbookbbcardshandwritingpackksheets1chicka1backtoschoolcover

Next week is all about that fun blue cat we all love!

3 comments:

  1. This is a nice post, that I really enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, cool story :D Reading that gave me a smile! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you sell the name bubble template in your shop? I'd really love to use that.

    ReplyDelete